Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 292

Today is Chris' birthday! I can think of nothing more fun to do than helping your wife in the kitchen, so because it's his birthday I gave him that opportunity. See what a great wife I am, lol!

Remember that 40lbs of apples I got at the farm...today I started the apple butter, with a little less than half of the apples.   This recipe calls for the apples to cook for 48 hours in the crockpot, adding more apples about every 10 hours.
My friend, Jen, let us borrow her awesome apple peeler/corer thing.  It makes this process SO much easier.  Especially when your husband thinks it's cool and does it all for you : )
Some of the peel
The apples and spices in the crockpot.
I, for some crazy reason, decided that for Chris' birthday I would make him an apple pie, from scratch.  Luckily I had my little cooking buddy to help me out!  He cut the apples for me.
And rolled the dough...notice the flour on his sleeve, lol.
Hard work!
How he got flour on the BACK of his shirt is beyond me!
I have very fond memories of cooking with my grandparents as a child....so glad he loves to cook with me!
Our pie before we put the top crust on.
While that was cooking Daddy opened presents.  Ella gave him a hug after every present and every card. 
Fresh from the oven!
While waiting for the pie to cool we noticed that Ella's tooth was so loose that it was laying down pushing her lip out....gross.  So, daddy helped her get it out!!!!!
Time to sing Happy Birthday!
Thankfully the pie was yummy, I was nervous.  Chris said now I have to make it every year, lol.  I think next year I will buy one and transfer it to my pan, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment