Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 144

Awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I forgot to take my camera with us to t-ball tonight so had to settle on a picture of Ella fresh out of the shower : ) I took Ella into the pediatrician's today because 2 days ago Ella had petechiae appear on her eyes both under them and covering the eyelids. No coughing, screaming, puking nothing to cause it. I asked her Endocrinologist about it yesterday and he argued with me and said it's a rash. Fine. Well after I thought about it, even though I KNEW it wasn't a rash, I figured that if it is a rash it still needed to be checked out right? Those of us in the Down syndrome world know that petechiae can be a sign of the dreaded leukemia for our kiddos. Better safe than sorry. Anyhow her pediatrician said that it was definetely petechiae and because Ella's health has been so "weird" lately (I love her pediatrician) she'd to do a stat CBC just to make sure though she was sure it was nothing. And it was nothing! Her tests came back with everything perfectly normal. Yay! Don't know why she got it but don't really care now either : )

No comments:

Post a Comment