Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 13

Hunter coughed his head off all night last night, but he tends to do that if his nose is the least bit runny and he lays down. So, off to school he went today. Apparently he coughed ALL day, even ending up in the nurses office at one point because his teacher thought he felt warm or was just annoyed enough to send him away. He did not have a fever and they did not call me. Oops. I'm sure he will cough all over his sister and get her sick again, because after all she did go to school for a whole week. LOL.




This morning we excitedly headed off to speech therapy. Ella hadn't been in 8 weeks due to her illnesses and vacation. She was running down the hall with a "I beat you mom!" and tripped and fell hitting her head on the corner of a wall. I ran and picked her up only to see her glasses completely cover in blood and well blood everywhere. I scooped her up and ran into the speech therapists office yelling for help. Once we wiped her down we found that the river of blood was coming from a gash in her forehead. I said it looks like we were heading to the hospital and Ella started bawling " I stay speech!!!!" Poor baby. Our sweet speech therapist came with us, riding in the back of the van with Ella and daddy met us on duty at the hospital. Ella was a very brave girl. They numbed her up and then cleaned up the wound. It was cut all the way down to the bone. Mommy, who isn't bothered by blood and such, felt very woosy and had to sit down, ha! Because it was a clean cut they were able to glue it in layers which they said will leave the least scar! It actually looks really really good now!!!



The first several pics are from my phone at the hospital.

The wound all cleaned up!
All glued up.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Kacey! Poor ELLA! I got woosy just looking at the photos :( I love that she wated to stay at speech despite the gaping wound on her head. I cannot beieve what a great job they did gluing it. I hope Hunter feels better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor sweety! They did a good job closing it up though,it looks good!

    ReplyDelete