Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 74

Every once in awhile we like to torture ourselves and stop in the pet shop. Well, Chris and I did yesterday while the kids were at school and feel in love with a cute puppy. Hunter heard us saying how cute that puppy was and asked to go see it. I told him I would take him but that we are absolutely NOT getting a dog right now, and if he is going to be sad about it then we shouldn't go. He assured me he understood and that he wanted to look at the fish and birds too. So, Hunter and I took a little trip to the pet store today. He of course fell head over heels in love with this puppy.


He tried to get me to let him buy the puppy and made sure to inform me that he has enough for the dog, a bed, a collar and a leash. Which little Mr Moneybags does indeed have enough money. I said no because we don't have a fence. The ever so helpful lady at the store told me that these dogs will only grow to be 8lbs and that a little fence/playard would be plenty for them and they cost under $100. Thanks a lot. How do you say no to this face????
Don't worry I did tell him no. But, I really do feel bad. I got my first dog when I was 8 and I LOVED it. Poor boy.
Here is Ella loving on her baby earlier today!
I told Hunter that Ella is still a bit young to have such a little puppy in the house, to which again the ever helpful worker at the store informed me that these are very hardy puppies and are great with kids.....BUT the Chihuahua's are too fragile and better suited to a home with no kids. Again. Thanks. Hunter says "see mom!!!!!"


The worst was when we put the little girl back in her cage and she started whimpering as we walked away. Hunter says "I think she needs me to be her owner." Poor poor Hunter : (

2 comments:

  1. please get the dog - live a little! Although I am sure the boys legos will feel the pain! The joy of a dog will far outweigh that though....just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get sweet, responsible, thoughtful, adorable Hunter a dog!!! And Ella will love it too!...and so will you :)

    ReplyDelete