Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 191

Today the kids got to ride horses for the first time this summer. We missed one week due to our mini-vacation with family, the next week got rained out, and then the following week was the 4th of July.

I LOVE this picture : )  A sweet moment!
Hunter started off on the lead rope to get reaquainted with the horse
He LOVES riding!!!  Almost makes me wish we lived somewhere where we could have our own horses.....almost.
In no time he was back to riding on his own!!!
At the end Mrs Gail let Hunter walk the horse over to be tied up.  Hunter is quite proud of himself!!!
Ella....oh Ella.  I was really hoping this year Ella would do better.  I don't know what her deal is.  She talks about how much she loves riding the horses but then....I just don't know.  Her move today was trying to dive off the horse and on to this sweet teenage girl walking beside her.  She's not scared at all I just don't know what she is thinking.
She did have a few moments of fun, this is her "look at me mom, I did it" moment.
Sitting up so nice and straight!
She decided she no longer wanted to hold the reins and instead put her hands over her eyes....I really wish I could figure out what she is thinking sometimes. 

3 comments:

  1. How fun. I wish I knew what Max was thinking all the time too. Love that top pic too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. I love that the girl rocks out some hot pink boots! Can I have her?
    B. That picture of them together could not be any cuter!
    C. It looks like Hunter might need some longer pants.
    Was that too much lack of filter for one comment? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen Spangler I love you, lol! Yep, my girl loves her pink boots and somedays I would say yes you can have her!!! I love moments of unscripted sweetness : ) And YES Hunter's pants are way too short. They have been since about March, but I refuse to buy new ones until right before school starts (notice the giant hole in the knee.) Don't worry though he wears shorts all the time right now, but they have to wear long pants to horse therapy!

      Delete