Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 207

My kids had a rough day! Hunter spent the night with Nana last night and then I dropped Ella off this morning and she watched them so that I could go to a lunch meeting with PAVE. After my meeting we stayed at Nana's and played outside for awhile. The kids were having a water fight, along with a little boy from her neighborhood, and Hunter fell off while running along the curb and hit the driveway hard. Like that bone thunking hard. Luckily it was his knee that hit and not his head! His knee cap has a good knot on it and a scrape but of course that didn't stop him from playing outside when we got back to our house!
Ella had fun at Nana's even thought it was quite hot outside. Here she is in Hunter's old shorts. I love that she loves his old clothes.
When we got home Ella took a long nice cool bath. And then she somehow hit her mouth on something in the tub. I was sitting right there in the bathroom on the stool reading a magazine so I know she wasn't standing up and she wasn't being wild. All of a sudden she started to kind of whimper and I looked at her and she had her hand in her mouth and blood dripping all over. Upon further inspection I noticed her tooth was gone! She knocked out a tooth that was not at all loose, one of her top front...luckily it was a baby tooth but still! Here she is after I got her all cleaned up and out of the tub.
I did call the dentist because Ella's gums looked bruised and the tooth itself was very jagged, uneven, and very sharp at the top. I wasn't sure if it all came out of if there is some still in there. The dentist called me right back (remember we were just there yesterday, ugh) and said that if there is a piece still in there the body usually reabsorbs it but that we should bring her in for an Xray next week sometime to make sure everything is okay. I tried taking a picture of the tooth itself, but it's hard to get one when your camera won't zoom but the flash keeps going off. LOL. So here is a blurry pic of it. It doesn't do it justice, it is one scary sharp tooth!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no! Poor Ella!! That looks so painful. At least the one that got knocked out of Samantha's mouth was just about to pop out anyway. :-( On the other hand, I guess that missing top front tooth makes her look older, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete