Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 248

Today was the first day of school!!! Hunter was SO excited to be going to school this morning he was bouncing off the walls! He is quite the old pro at this school thing and I am happy to say that I have no worries at all about this year for him!!! Ready to go! My big 3rd grade boy!

Handsome boy!
Heading off to the bus stop!
Hey Ella..you have to be a good listener today and be on your very best behavior......
This little girl was not excited at all this morning (despite was this picture shows.)  About 30 minutes before it was time to go she started crying and saying "I don't want Kindergarten I want my old school."  I tried getting her excited and telling her how fun kindergarten was going to be.
But as we neared the school she got a little weepy and nervous
In the classroom she found her seat right away but was very scared? nervous?  I don't know but she was definetely not my Ella.
She kept saying "don't leave me mommy,"  it was ripping my heart apart.
I held it together until we got out of the school, then the tears started flowing.  I was SO nervous for the 2 1/2 hours she was there.
But in typical Ella fashion this is how she greeted us!  All smiles!!!
By everyone's report she had a great day!!  She taught the other kids to sit crisscross applesauce at circle time (which she told me about 100 times today) and didn't have any potty accidents. Whew!  The teacher said she did awesome and one of the para's said that Ella will have her wrapped around her little finger (uh-oh!)  Here she is on the way out to the car.
I saw this idea on Pintrest and love it : )  I only wish I had known about it when Hunter was a kindergartener!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment