Thursday, March 28, 2013

2013 - Day 86

Today was a long, busy day. I had Ella's teacher conference/1st grade placement meeting today. Let's just say that I guess it took me by surprise and I left the meeting pretty upset and disappointed. Not at all in Ella. Anyway, after a good cry and chanting in my head "look how far she has come," over and over I pushed that meeting to the back of my head and decided I am ignoring it for now. Ha! I picked Ella up from school, dropped her off at home and then headed out to the University of Idaho in Coeur d'Alene. I was invited back to be on a parent panel, as the "special needs mom," for a class of future family support people (not entirely sure the appropriate title.) It was fun and the class asked some really great questions, talking about Ella was a great reminder to myself just how amazing she is! While I was in Idaho Ella had occupational therapy here at the house and Hunter had soccer practice. Then I ran home, changed clothes and grabbed the boy and headed to the 7:30 class that I had signed up for at the Y. On the way over I realized that I hadn't eaten since 10:30 this morning. The workout actually helped me calm down some too. Then we came back home and the kids went to bed and Chris went into work for some overtime...and now I am going to bed because I am exhausted!!!

Hunter brought Ella home a little present. A picture he colored, apparently on World Down Syndrome Day. He said look sissy I did Down syndrome colors on part of it.  Ella LOVED it, and in the brief times that I saw her this evening she kept telling me "look, Down syndrome colors. Bubba did it for ME!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. boo on the placement stuff. when is it all going to get easier?? that picture is super sweet, though!

    ReplyDelete