Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2013 - May 13th

The kids were both well enough to go to school today....HOORAY!!!! I think I only heard Hunter cough twice the whole day!! Ella woke up all congested but it seemed to clear up, at least enough to go to school! After I picked Ella up from school we had to run over to the sleep center where we did her sleep study....because we have to do ANOTHER sleep study. The doctor called me on Friday and explained that Ella is having 5 apnea episodes an hour, and that her oxygen dipped down to 85%, and that these episodes may be the reason she is so restless in her sleep because the body releases adrenaline when you have apnea and her body may be over reacting to that. Anyhow, Ella has to wear a CPAP machine at night now but first we have to do a second study to see what level? the machine has to be set at. Apparently in adults the machine is self regulating but not for kids. So, when they called to schedule I asked that they make sure they have masks small enough for Ella, because they are not a pediatric specific sleep center, and even though she is 6 her facial features/structures is not that of a 6 year old and she has the tiniest nose ever. They called back 5 minutes later and asked that I bring her in today to see if any of their masks fit so that they could order some before her study next week.  They seemed confident that they have some that will work...not that Ella was very cooperative, not that I can blame her.  Anyhow, we came home had dinner and the boys ran off to Cub Scouts. Unfortunaetly I did not send the camera with them...they made a cool Cub Mobile!
Ella brought down a bunch of books after she got her jammies on.
She was clearly annoyed that I was interupting her reading.
After his shower, Hunter asked if he could "touch up" his temporary tattoo that he put on yesterday.  Imagine my surprise when I came upstairs to find this...... Chris has one similar to this on his upper arm with Hunter and Ella's names in it. Hunter's says Chris and Kacey. LOL. Sweet in it's own way : )  This one I will blame on Chris.
These, I suppose, I will take the blame for. The peace sign in the middle is from yesterday though the colors were not so um...bright.
He did add Ella's name, so that is sweet too. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment