Wednesday, May 29, 2013

2013 - May 29th

Today Hunter and his 3rd grade class went on a fieldtrip to Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge, and I got to go too!!!!  It was raining as we were pulling up, and even when we were in the classroom part but we got lucky and stayed dry throughout the trip!

In the classroom learning about habitats
Scavenger hunt
Hunter and a Great Horned Owl
His owl face : )
Hunter and his friend Aaden
Eating our sack lunch

The class listening to another speaker
skimming the water for invertebrates.

I am SO happy that Hunter's friend Kellen's dad was with our group.....he helped with the yucky stuff!
Checking to see if they caught anything
A snail
Examining the water.  There was some gross stuff in there!!!!! Makes me never want to get in a lake again!

Checking out birds on our hike
A Trumpeter Swan
and another one!
swimming to eachother.  Hard to see?  Yeah, it was in person too : )
I am so thankful that I was able to go with my boy....and super thankful that he still wants me too!  I had a fun day with him and his friends! I will be sad when the school year is over, he has a great group
of kids in his class and a lot of supportive parents!!!
Then there is this child.  She was so naughty during occupational therapy today that her therapist left 30 minutes early (and she puts up with a lot!) It was mildly funny that as soon as the therapist left Ella sat at the table (that she refused to sit at) and colored and put stickers in her book.



No comments:

Post a Comment