Saturday, June 22, 2013

2013 - June 21st

Ella had OT today, as well as an eye doctor appointment! The great news is that Ella's eyes continue to look great "better than they ever have" is what her doctor said...so that is a great relief and we don't have to go back to that doctor for 3 months. The bad news is that the CPAP face mask saga continues. We were able to get a seal on her mask on Wednesday night, by tying the straps in knots to shorten them (because even the headgear only comes in adult sizes) but I am guessing that it was just too tight because Thursday morning she woke up looking like she had been beat up. Her eyes were super swollen and her face was all red. Needless to say we haven't used the mask again. I called the sleep center yesterday and vented to them, they did some research and found a new mask that is coming out in an X-small (again still adult sized) and they called our med supply place to tell them to order it. Today I called the med supply company and guess what? The freaking mask does NOT come in an X-small. Ugh. I would love to just give up but how do you do so knowing that your child does not get good quality sleep....and in fact does not breath appropriately while sleeping???

Anyhow...moving on before I write really ugly things.  When we got home from the appointments Hunter was able to play outside with his friends, which of course makes him happy!!!!  I really have to point out that this kid is SO patient and well behaved while we drag him to Ella's appointments!!!!
Ella converted her turtle bag (which my Grandmom got Hunter when he was a tiny guy) into a gurney and transported her baby to the hospital.  Good imagination!
Speaking of babies...this was my absolute favorite doll as a child. I believe that I got it soon after my little brother was born, which means it is pushing 30 years old!  My Grandad called it "DustyDavidBaldyJack" because I changed the doll's name so often...though he added the Baldy part, not me : )  Ella has fallen in love with this baby!  I have some pics of her next to it as an infant herself when we were comparing sizes, I will have to find those and put them on my other blog!
We moved Hunter's air hockey/ping pong table out to the garage for the summer so he can play with all his friends.  Ella went out there with them tonight while we sat in the family room with the door propped open, she was so happy to be out there with the big kids without me and did a great job staying in the garage!!  She even beat one of the little boys at air hockey!


No comments:

Post a Comment