Friday, July 26, 2013

2013 - July 26th

I am SO glad this day is over. It was HOT again, which means that my house is HOT. I never enjoy the day before going on a trip because I feel like I have a million things to do (and I do) and packing is not my favorite thing. I had a chiropracter appointment this morning because my neck has been bugging me. Then Ella had her hearing test and ENT appointment. The good news is that she does not need her ear drum repaired, the bad news is that we got a referral to set up an appointment with the hearing aide people. Ugh. Her hearing tests have been steadily getting worse over the past 9 months and this one took a pretty good leap for the worse. Don't ask me if I can tell if she is having problems hearing. One second I might tell you yes, she sometimes hears the wrong work I am saying like instead of "honey" just this morning when talking about a sandwich she heard "happy," and others times I will simply say that it is too hard to tell with Ella. I do think that she talks great for her age and having Down syndrome but she has recently qualified in school for articulation therapy which she never has before...so again who knows. We will see what the hearing aide people say (I am sure they have a title but I don't know what it is.) I do have a month to not have to worry about it but that means that she will be getting them once school has already started. How hearing aides will fit on her tiny ears that already have glasses on them I have no idea. I am hoping that Ella will totally rock this too, as she has her blood draws and nasty meds for her Graves Disease, her glasses and her stupid CPAP machine, but it's just not fair for her to have to put up with one more thing. After we left that lovely appointment we headed to the medical supply place to pick up yet another CPAP mask to try, some day this will be easier right? When we got home the house was nice and toasty and I continued to pack and rolled my ankle somewhere in the process...sure hoping it feels better tomorrow....or in a few hours when I get up at 4am.

Crazy Hunter....I'm pretty sure his mustache is upside down : )
Ella with her magnifying glass, which apparently you cannot use and wear glasses at the same time, and the suitcases in the background : )

No comments:

Post a Comment